Before you invite a new organizer or change permissions granted to an existing organizer, you’ll want to understand the difference between each of Broadstripes’ user roles.
This article gives an in-depth look at Broadstripes’ three user roles including exactly what they are allowed to see and do within the project.
Once you’ve decided what kind of role a user will play, you can visit the Users and membership guide for videos and step-by-step instructions on adding users and assigning or editing user permissions.
A basic user is a member of a particular project with all the necessary permissions to work with the data in that project. They can:
- Create, edit, and delete contact records for people and organizations (i.e. shops and departments).
- Create, edit, and delete events.
- Create and save searches and layouts (personal or shared).
- Create and save lists (personal or shared)
In addition, on a per-user basis, a project admin can enable a user to download data in XLSX or CSV format. If a user does not have this permission, they will not be able to export lists to spreadsheet form.
A project admin has all the capabilities a basic user does. In addition, they can:
- Invite new users, promote existing users to admin, and remove existing users from the project.
- Create, update, and delete all project data such as:
- Custom fields
- Assessments (aka codes)
- Leader roles
- External systems
- User groups
- Status reports
- Calculated columns
- Contact types
- Import data via spreadsheet.
- Import shape files.
Admins may have other capabilities as well, as determined by the configuration of your project. For example, if a project has SMS (i.e. text) messaging features enabled, admins will have the ability to provision SMS numbers for users.
Note that a user may be an admin in one project and a basic user in another.
Field users are similar to basic users, but with the following significant limitations. They are:
- limited to the simplified, mobile-friendly version of the Broadstripes UI
- able to “see” only the worker records for people they lead themselves
- able to create new worker records via the mobile-friendly UI