Broadstripes search builder allows you to search for very specific info including who has attended a rally in the last month or signed a card in the past week. In Broadstripes, that type of information is recorded as events and event steps. Keep in mind that events are created and customized by users and admins, so each project will have its own unique events. (Learn more in the creating events article.)
In this article, we’re going to show you how to do a search based on an event we’ve created called “Card” to find all the people who have signed a card in the past week.
Build a search to capture events in time
In another article, we built a search to look at people who had not yet signed cards. For this article, we’re going to assume it’s a week later, and we want to see how many new cards have been signed since we ran that previous search. Here’s how:
- Start a new search by clicking the Search builder button to the right of the search box at the top of the page.
- A search building panel opens below the search box.
- Since we want to limit our search to workers who have signed a card in the last week, we’ll choose the Card – Signed event step from the left-hand drop-down menu in the search builder.
- In the middle drop-down box, select “was checked on or after.”
- In the right-hand text box type “last week.” Note that Broadstripes search accepts natural language search terms like “last week” or “a year ago,” or you can use a calendar date like “2/20/2017.”
- That’s it.
- Click the Search button to run the search. All the workers who have signed cards in the last week will display in the Search results panel.
- To see a count of the total number of contacts in the search results at a glance, check the upper right-hand corner of the search results panel.